Graduation is a special milestone in the life of every student, so it’s time for celebrating with a party and all the gifts! But what should the party look like and what do you buy a teenager who is headed for the best years of his or her life? Whether your graduate is moving on to college or to adulthood, we’ve got your party and gift-giving guide right here!
And as an aside: Graduate…when you’re ready to purchase your first home, be sure to talk to your favorite F.C. Tucker Emge REALTOR®. We encourage you to purchase your first home soon, however small it may be. Building equity in real estate earlier in life will help you achieve your home ownership dreams as you get older.
- Pick a date & time. Pick a date and time that works for your guests. Some of your grad’s friends may be having graduation parties of their own, and you don’t want to outshine them by having your party at the same time. And don’t forget to choose a location that’s easy to find – you can’t have your guests wandering around like lost freshmen.
- Send out invitations. You can go old-school with paper invites, use an online service, or just create an event on Facebook and invite friends and family the quick and easy way. Just be sure to include all the important details, like start and end time, food expectations, maybe gift parameters, and dress code (formal attire, or casual sweatpants and T-shirt?).
- Determine the menu. When it comes to the menu, keep it simple but delicious. Finger foods, snacks, and desserts are always crowd-pleasers, but don’t forget to include some healthy options like celery sticks (because, let’s be honest, you’ll need something to balance out all the cake).
- And of course, no party is complete without decorations. Bust out the balloons, streamers, and confetti to create a festive atmosphere. Add a photo memory board. You can even include some school memorabilia, like a high school or college diploma, to show off achievements.
Now, let’s talk gifts. In addition to hosting a graduation party, giving a thoughtful gift is a great way to show your appreciation for the graduate. Here are some unique graduation gift ideas that are sure to be appreciated:
- A Personalized Journal: A personalized journal is a great gift for graduates who are starting a new chapter in their lives. You can include a heartfelt message or inspirational quote on the cover to make it extra special.
- A Travel Experience: Now that the graduate is finished with school, this is the perfect time to give them an opportunity to explore the world. You can plan a trip to a destination they have always wanted to visit or give them funds to create their own dream vacation itinerary.
- A Professional Headshot: A professional headshot is a great gift for graduates who are entering the workforce. A high-quality headshot can help them make a great first impression and stand out from the competition.
- Personalized Jewelry: A piece of personalized jewelry, such as a necklace or bracelet with their initials or graduation date, is a great way to commemorate the occasion and is something they can carry with them for years to come.
- A Gift Card to a Favorite Store or Restaurant: Gift cards are always appreciated, especially for graduates who are starting a new chapter in their lives and may need to purchase items for their new home or wardrobe.
- A Personalized Book: A personalized book, such as a classic novel or a self-help book, can be a great source of inspiration and motivation for graduates as they embark on their next chapter (see what we did there).
- A Class Ring: Class rings are a traditional and timeless graduation gift that can be passed down from generation to generation.
- A Personalized Photo Album: Photo albums are a great way to capture memories from their time in school and celebrate their achievements. You can even make an album out of pictures from their graduation party!
For all of the latest information on our local real estate market in Southwestern Indiana and Northwestern Kentucky, you can always trust the professionals at F.C. Tucker Emge and F.C. Tucker/Collier. Our agents have superior training and resources at their disposal to better educate you about the road to homeownership. Even if you are 6-12 months (or more!) out from making a change, there is a lot to learn about the home buying and selling process, and our agents can help you learn what you need to know so that you can be confident in your decision and have a smooth experience when the time comes. Let’s Talk!