Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve and the close of 2022 are just a week away. This is the time for celebrating the end of one year and the start of a new one. Many like to mark the occasion with special activities or events, such as attending parties or watching fireworks. How do you like to celebrate?
Some of us prefer the safe haven of home while others can’t wait to get out and “paint” the town. Don’t worry…we have you both covered. There are some at-home ideas included here as well as a few special events planned in our area for those venturing out. Just make sure you “venture” responsibly.
Whatever you choose to do, the important thing is to have fun and celebrate the start of a new year. Have a Very Merry Christmas and an even Happier New Year!
We understand that New Year’s Eve can be a busy night as the revelers fill the streets and bars and that this scene isn’t for everyone. Whether staying in involves spending time with just family or with friends as well, you can make the evening fun without leaving the confines of your home.
One option is to host a small party or gathering with friends and/or family. This can be a great way to celebrate the new year together and create lasting memories. You can set up a buffet or potluck-style meal, play games, watch movies or TV shows, or have a dance party.
Another option is to have a quiet evening at home with your significant other or by yourself. Cook a special meal, open a bottle of champagne or sparkling wine, and watch the New Year’s Eve countdown on TV.
Try a new hobby or activity, such as starting a puzzle or trying out a new recipe. The important thing is to do something that you enjoy and that makes you happy.
- Happy Noon Years! @ the Children’s Museum of Evansville, 9AM-2PM: This year, the dance party will have a Jurassic flair as Feller RexPress dinosaurs freely roam the museum waiting to be photographed with you. Party hats and noisemakers are a must and so is the balloon drop as the ball falls!
- PITS New Year’s Eve Black Tie Affair @ Bokeh, 8:00PM-12:05PM: Dance & Party the night away & ring in the new year with the Tri State’s ultimate party/dance Fab 4 – The PITS @ Bokeh for the New Year’s Eve Black Tie Affair!!
- NYE 4-Course Chef Dinner @ Farmer & Frenchman, 5:30PM-10:30PM: The Chef Dinner Event will be hosted inside the winery. Guests will be served a 4-course meal. Wine is not included but can be purchased during the event. Tickets include tax and gratuity. Choose which seating you’d like to attend. The first Chef Dinner is from 5:30PM-7:30PM. The second Chef Dinner is from 8:30 PM-10:30 PM. Tickets are $100 per person and can be purchased online.
- Evansville Thunderbolts, 7:00PM: Experience some great hockey action as the Bolts take on the Peoria Rivermen at the Ford Center.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner & Live Music @ Red Geranium Restaurant, 4:00PM-8:00PM: Stop by the Red Geranium Restaurant this New Year’s Eve and bring in the new year. They’ll be serving a delicious New Year’s Eve menu beginning at 4PM. Warren Batts will be performing inside the Grapevine Bar beginning at 6PM-9PM. Party favors will be supplied. The menu can be viewed online at https://newharmonyinn.com/dining/dining-menus/
- New Year’s Eve Party @ Jumping Jasper, 9AM-7PM CST: This party, you won’t want to miss! Black Lights, Pizza, Party! $17 for all day admission. Two Balloon Drops to celebrate New Years Eve. 1pm and 6pm, we will count down to the start of 2023. Pizza from Papa John’s will be included for this event. Delivery will be 12pm and 5pm!
- New Year Eve’s Party @ Jr’s Bar, 9PM-1AM CST: The classic rock band from Southern Indiana, Guilty Pleasure, will help you ring in 2023.
- New Year’s Eve Bash @ the Vincennes VFW, 8:00PM CST: Ring in the New Year in style!! Grab those dancing shoes and dance the night away!!
- NYE Celebration @ Highland Woods Comunity Center, 7:30PM-12:30AM EST: Heaps of Jeeps, Inc. is super excited to bring Vincennes the most exciting, fun, upbeat party for your New Year’s Celebration! Individual tickets: $85, Reserved table for 8 people: $600. Dinner, live music, awesome DJ, and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight! *All proceeds will support local first responders*
For all of the latest information on our local real estate market in Southwestern Indiana, you can always trust the professionals at F.C. Tucker Emge. Our agents have superior training and resources at their disposal to better educate you about the road to homeownership. Even if you are 6-12 months (or more!) out from making a change, there is a lot to learn about the home buying and selling process, and our agents can help you learn what you need to know so that you can be confident in your decision and have a smooth experience when the time comes. Let’s Talk!